Monday, April 11, 2011

Are YOU the major stressor in your life?



Imagine my sheepishness when I realized that I was exacerbating my stress, by egging it on as a means to “scare myself into doing well.” I felt less than proactive, if I wasn’t really stressing about a task.

It was a major discovery for me when I realized that it was my own reactions to stress that were stressing me out the most!

Imagine how much more successful I would be if I were to channel even half of that nervous energy into better preparation!

Have you ever noticed how much more smoothly things go when you are relaxed and enjoying what you are doing? What might start out as a thorn in your side, or an act of tedium, can easily transform into a rewarding, even enjoyable task when you are not fighting it every step of the way.

You won’t be open if you are stuffing bad feelings, or living in denial. So recognize those feelings, but physically open yourself up to the moment. Relax your shoulders and don’t cross your arms. These are defensive postures. If you are rigid and tense, you will be acting that way, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

c. 2011
image credit: opencage.info

No comments:

Post a Comment